Is Layby an option?
- Yes, we offer a Layby service. You need only pay a 20% nonrefundable deposit to confirm your order and then the balance is payable over a period of up to 3 months. You can decide on your payment frequency: weekly, fortnightly or monthly. You can do this at check out by clicking on the Bank Deposit option in payment methods. We will send you an e-mail and set it up with you from there.
- If you want to do the layby over a longer time period, no problem, contact us to create a tailored plan for you.
How long does delivery take?
- It depends on the type of product. Small items such as swings and telescopes are sent on a courier. Normally these take 2-7 days to arrive.
- Bigger freight such as slides, monkey bars or swing sets can take 2-10 days. Let us know if you have a big date you are hoping to have your order by and we can give it a priority booking.
- Some of our larger items have a lead time of 8-12 weeks. This will be stated with the individual products on our website.
How long is the residential warranty for the swing and slide playground sets?
- The warranty is for 10 years on the timber workmanship and 2 years on all accessories. (slides are lifetime as per above)
- The warranty requires that the set is regularly checked and maintained. We recommend that you apply Natural House Co Timber Oil to the timber soon after you build the set (or before you start) to protect it from harsh elements.
What age are they suited for?
- The swing and slide playground sets are designed for ages 3-11 years.
- Residential swings and slides are tested to 68kg unless otherwise stated.
How do they get delivered?
- They come in a kitset with all the timber parts and all the accessories plus all the hardware you need to put it together. Freight can be an expensive part of your order but you can keep these costs down by choosing to have delivered to your closest freight depot instead of to your home.
Are they easy to assemble?
- The swing and slide sets come with a very comprehensive manual and all the bolt holes and most of the screw holes are pre-drilled.
How long does it take to put together?
- Allow two people one day for the Kiwi II and a weekend for the bigger models.
Do you offer an Install service?
- Yes, we can install in the Waikato, Bay of Plenty, some parts of Auckland and in Canterbury.
Do they need to be concreted in?
- No, these residential models are designed so they can sit safely on the ground without the need to concrete them in.
- The swing legs come with pegs to hammer into the ground to stop them moving around and the rest of the set is designed to sit solidly on its base.
- If you are in a high wind zone area however, we do recommend you use stakes and concrete the stakes in.
Which is your most popular residential model?
- The Kiwi is the most popular as it is a great price and fits into most people’s back yards. (Now replaced by The Kiwi II)
- The Kea2 is the second most popular as it offers so many activities and is great value for everything you get.
What is the difference between the Kiwi II and the bigger models?
- The Kiwi II has a 1.2m high platform and its platform is 1.2x1.2m square
- The Pukeko and other larger ones have a 1.5m high platform and it is 1.5m x 1.8m in size
- The Pukeko etc also have a rope ladder, picnic table and noughts and crosses set.
How long does it take to assemble the playgrounds?
- The Kiwi II takes about 8 hours for 2 people.
- The Kea 2 normally takes about 16 hours for 2 people.
- Builders can do this on their own in this time frame generally.
Do we have an installer?
- Yes, we do and if you can get a group of you together, this saves travel expenses & money! We have one based in Tauranga, one in Hamilton, and another in Auckland.
- Generally speaking, installation costs about 1/3 of the cost of the playground.